Meet the Trainer
Ali Johnson, owner/trainer, has a BS in Biological Sciences and graduated with Distinction (top 15%) from Stanford University. Ali's first word was 'doggie' but despite this, she went on to a PhD program in Biochemistry at Duke University before coming to her senses in 2005. With the world's least efficient Biochemistry Masters degree (but plenty of teaching experience!), she took a job as the dog training program manager for the Animal Protection Society of Orange County in NC. Since then, Ali has not looked back and never been happier. She has earned and maintained the title Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA) since 2006 through experience, letters of recommendation, passing the 4 hour CPDT exam (see ccpt.com for details), and continuing education requirements. Ali is a professional member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, whose vision is to see that “dogs are effectively trained through dog-friendly techniques and therefore are lifelong companions in a relationship based on mutual trust and respect.” She shares her home and life with four dogs, her son Burke (born 6/2009) and a very patient husband.
Ali teaches group classes at the Humane Society for Seattle/King County (seattlehumane.org) and at her agility field in North Bend, and gives private lessons the rest of the time.
Dog Behavior/Training Seminars Attended
- 9/10 Patricia McConnell: Dog-Dog Aggression and Play
- 7/10 Kathy Sdao: So Many Choices
- 11/09 Sue Sternberg: Dog-Dog Groups
- 10/08 Jean Donaldson: Dog Behavior
- 6/08 Kathy Sdao: Improve Your I-Cue
- 10/07 Association of Pet Dog Trainers annual conference
- 7/07 Pia Silvani: Playtime and Fighting Dogs
- 9/06 Association of Pet Dog Trainers annual conference
- 5/06 Terry Smorch: Novice and Masters Agility workshop.
- 3/06 Suzanne Clothier: For experienced trainers and shelter staff.
- 12/05 Emma Parsons: Click to Calm
- 9/05 Association of Pet Dog Trainers annual conference
- 6/05 Clean Run Agility Camp
- 5/05 Monical Segal: Canine Nutrition
- 3/05 Suzanne Clothier: If Dogs Could Speak
- 3/05 Mary Ellen Barry: Masters Agility workshop
- 9/04 Nancy Gyes: Novice Agility workshop
- 8/04 Pat Hastings: The Puppy Puzzle, Conformation and Structure
- 9/03 Leslie Nelson: All Positive Classes
- 8/03 Jennifer Merritt: Playing Well with Others, Canine social behavior